Deciding what to pack for your stay in treatment can be stressful. If you know what you should bring when you are packing for treatment, the process to prepare for your stay will be more manageable. Treatment facilities may differ when it comes to certain items you should not pack. Follow the general guidelines of what usually is and is not acceptable.
What you will need:
- A list of personal contacts with phone numbers. Bring a list of your contacts and phone numbers so you can keep in touch with your loved ones or employer. Find out if you are allowed to use a phone at the facility when permitted and if you will need a calling card.
- Clothes. Bring several days’ worth of comfortable clothes. Check with the facility if laundry detergent is available. If laundry detergent is not available, remember to bring your own.
- Identification, debit/credit card, and cash. Identification is important, so bring a form of ID with you. Keep a small amount of cash with you in case you ever need it.
- Toiletries. Bring a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner, and hair dryer if you use one. Do not bring mouthwash or anything else containing alcohol. Razors might be allowed, but might be secured by staff when not in use.
- Medication. If you use prescription medication, bring it with you. However, you will be required to keep it with personnel at the facility during your stay. Bring the medication in its original container.
- Hobby interests. Knitting materials, books with appropriate content and journals are some of the things that will keep you occupied during downtime.
What you do not need:
- Drugs and alcohol. The reason you are going to the facility is to recover from drugs and alcohol. Do not bring drugs or alcohol.
- Cosmetics. Some cosmetics contain alcohol. Leave cosmetic products at home.
- Electronics or games. Electronics are not allowed. Some that are not permitted include TV, iPods, tablets, laptops, etc.
If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance addiction, get help now before it is too late. Cypress Lakes Lodge specializes in treatment for drug and alcohol addiction and addictive behavior with a focus on healing the mind, body, and spirit. Recovery is possible and you are not alone.
Cypress Lakes Lodge specializes in addiction treatment and is located in a serene, remote, lush-green environment. The program encompasses holistic addiction therapy and offers yoga and meditation for the mind, body, and soul. The focus is on physical, mental, and emotional well-being by generating the balance of life-enriching treatment, wellness, and healthy, sober, sustainable relationships. Call us to get started: 877-938-1577