Addiction affects so many aspects of a person’s life. When an individual is addicted to drugs and alcohol, relationships with family and loved ones are compromised, responsibilities are ignored, and physical and mental health deteriorates. Addiction results in job loss, financial problems, broken relationships, overdose, and early death.
Here are 8 reasons to become sober:
- Heal relationships. Addiction causes trust issues among loved ones. A good treatment program with family therapy and counseling will help develop a plan for healing broken relationships.
- Increase job productivity. When living with an addiction to drugs and alcohol, you can have a hard time staying employed. Frequent absences, tardiness, and decline in job productivity can result in job loss. A sober life allows more prompt, reliable and productive work.
- Save money. Substance addiction results in more spending. Debts and bills go unpaid. Sober living permits you to save money, pay the bills, and have the basic needs to live a healthy life.
- Physical health. An addiction to drugs and alcohol leads to physical health issues. The brain and other organs are affected, and using drugs and alcohol can cause an early death. These health issues could be preventable with sober living.
- Mental health. Most substances have negative effects on mental health. Some heighten depression, anxiety, fear, paranoia, and cause sleep issues. Living substance-free allows a medical professional to treat any underlying psychological issues.
- Improve self-confidence. Drugs and alcohol cause feelings of worthlessness, helplessness, and self-doubt. Sobriety allows a person to enjoy life to the fullest and pursue goals.
- Increase motivation. Living on drugs and alcohol has negative effects on health and self-worth. Sobriety allows for an increase in mood, health, and motivation.
- Memory. Substance abuse makes it difficult to remember important dates, gatherings, and events. A toxic-free mind will be able to remember loved one’s birthdays, holidays, or meaningful conversations.
Addiction is complicated, which is why a proven approach to treatment is critical for a full recovery. Cypress Lakes Lodge specializes in treatment for drug and alcohol addiction and addictive behavior with a focus on healing the mind, body, and spirit. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, call today and save a life. Recovery is possible. You deserve to live a fulfilling life without toxic substances.
Cypress Lakes Lodge offers excellence in addiction treatment. The facility is located in a serene, remote, lush-green environment. The program encompasses holistic addiction therapy for the mind, body, and soul. The focus is on physical, mental, and emotional well-being by generating the balance of life-enriching treatment, wellness, and healthy, sober, sustainable relationships. Call us to get started: 877-938-1577