Cypress Lakes Lodge’s number one priority is the health and safety of our clients and staff. When going through treatment and therapy for an addiction, your health is of the upmost importance. Getting back to a healthy life means we need to listen to our medical professionals in this country and around the world.
Off-Site Meetings and Non-Essential Visitors
We are temporarily postponing all off-site meetings to protect our staff and the clients we have to help stay safe during the spread of the virus. We are also advising non-essential visitors to stay home during this time. We want to make sure that everyone stays healthy and safe. If you need to contact us at any time, we are here for you to provide the highest quality of care to each person seeking treatment.
Immediate Operational Changes
- Our team is working day-by-day to follow the protocols of COVID-19. We have implemented these in our workflow, so that we maintain a sanitary environment including disinfecting and increasing the existing hygiene.
- Admissions and Outreach teams have added enhanced screenings including date on recent travel, current flu or flu-like symptoms, and exposures.
- At the first signs of feeling unwell, our on-site team is told to stay home to protect themselves, members of the staff, and of course our clients seeking treatment.
- We are staying up-to-date with protocols and working with health officials to boost our health and safety at our facility.
For People Continuing Sobriety Outside of Cypress Lakes
We understand that isolation and boredom can be detrimental to your sobriety. We encourage anyone who is sober to contact us and your friends and family if you feel that your struggling to keep your mind off of an addiction. Even for someone who is not dealing with an addiction, isolation can be exhausting. We know you may feel trapped in your home, but we encourage you to keep on moving forward with sobriety. Our outpatient program is still in full swing, so make sure to call us if you need help during this time!
If you do relapse, never get discouraged. It can happen, but the most important thing is that help is always there. Addiction is unbelievably crippling, and Cypress Lakes Lodge is dedicated to helping any person along their recovery process, whether they are going through treatment, outpatient, or they have relapsed. We never leave anyone behind when it comes to addiction.
The biggest thing for a person to do during this time is to distract themselves. Taking it day-by-day is so important for an addict. Isolation can be difficult but picking up a hobby can help you with that. If you have access to the internet, there are so many sources for education, entertainment, etc. Here are some hobbies to consider picking up while in isolation:
- Learn Guitar (Purchase a beginner guitar online and have it shipped to your home)
- Art (Draw/Paint)
- Read Books
- Listen to Podcasts or Discover New Music
- Write (Journal, Stories, Poems)
- Sign up for an online course
- Work on puzzles
Stay connected with friends and family via video chat, phone calls, or text messages.
For Each Person Seeking Treatment
We want everyone to know who is seeking treatment that Cypress Lakes Lodge will always be there for you. We take pride in helping every individual through recovery and treatment, so that you can get back on your feet. During a health crisis, it’s important to keep the status quo when it comes to health and safety. Nothing changes during the process, and if you’re in a position of addiction or dependency on drugs or alcohol, know that we are here to help.
We will continue to update everyone with the status of COVID-19 and our operational changes.
DO NOT HESITATE to contact Cypress Lakes Lodge at 409-331-2204.