Many people will brush it off and say that it’s highly unlikely to become addicted to Marijuana, but the fact is we see many people in recovery from Marijuana addiction at the Cypress Lakes Lodge addiction treatment center. People going through the recovery process will tell you that it is very possible to slip into a Marijuana addiction.
Some People Can Fall to Addiction
We see many people using Marijuana recreationally and for medical use as well. There are plenty of people who can pick it up and put it down whenever they want, but there are some people who can become addicted. It’s not a matter of people easily quitting because many people who begin to smoke before they turn 18 are more likely to get in a bad habit and possibly develop a marijuana use disorder.
The thing to note is that many people who develop a marijuana use disorder usually become physically reliant on the drug in order to function properly in social situations due to anxiety, stress, or even to get simple tasks accomplished.
Here are some signs to recognize if you think you have a problem with marijuana use:
- Control – If you don’t have control, or you have the inability to reduce the use of marijuana, then you might have a dependency on it to function normally.
- Day-to-Day Activities – If you find yourself in school or at work not being able to meet responsibilities when it comes to projects, meetings, and being on time, you could be dealing with marijuana use disorder.
- Social Issues – Relying on marijuana to be comfortable in social situations can be a problem because then you lose sight of your true self. Furthermore, using marijuana to get away from social situations and getting together with friends or family can be a major sign.
- Dangerous Situations – Using Marijuana and then operating a vehicle or machinery is a dangerous situation just like alcohol or any other drug. If you find yourself at this point, it’s time to get help.
- Tolerance – Developing a tolerance to Marijuana can also lead you down the wrong path because then you’ll keep wanting more of the drug to make you feel better. This can be bad with withdrawal symptoms when your use slows or stops.
Marijuana Use Disorder is common even if you don’t think it’s possible to happen to you. Many people develop the disorder, and you should never be ashamed if it is you. There is always someone who can help you. Your friends, family, co-workers, and counselor are here for you.
Cypress Lakes Lodge
At Cypress Lakes Lodge, we understand it can be difficult to deal with an addiction, especially if you or a loved one can’t seem to get the courage to go and get help. We want everyone to know that if you or a loved one is dealing with Marijuana Use Disorder, there is a community and place to go and get help. Contact Cypress Lakes Lodge at 409-331-2204 today to see how we can lead you on the journey to recovery.