Anxiety disorders are some of the world’s most prevalent mental health conditions. Panic, post traumatic stress disorder, and social anxiety all fall under anxiety disorders. Anxiety can cause a disruption of mind, body, and spirit when it is not treated. Recognizing anxiety is difficult without first developing the mindful awareness of what anxiety is, how it feels, and when it shows itself as being present.
According to The Diagnostic And Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the diagnostic criteria for anxiety disorders are:
- Having excessive anxiety and worry most of the time for at least 6 months. Anxiety and worry about be about a range of events, activities, and topics.
- Controlling anxiety and worrying is unmanageable.
- Anxiety and worry have to do with at least three or more other symptoms including: restlessness, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, irritability, muscle tension, sleep disturbance of any kind, Experiencing “significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.”
- Anxiety is not caused by the physical side effects of substances or other co-occurring medical conditions
- Anxiety is not caused by any other kind of condition
Less scientific symptoms of anxiety characterize what it is like to live with anxiety on a day to day basis. Often, people who are living with anxiety feel incredibly isolated in their experience, keeping their struggles to themselves, avoiding social interactions, and often turning to drugs and alcohol for coping.
- Feeling anxious that asking for help will scare away people you love
- Living with constant noise inside your head
- Having uncontrollable thoughts which spiral out of control
- Knowing that an anxiety attack can come at any moment
- Being unable to make a decision without experiencing anxiety about making it
- Feeling lonely in life
- Hiding real feelings of panic and anxiety in order to appear “normal”
- Being paranoid about what others are thinking
- Having deep fears of rejection and abandonment
Recovery From Anxiety
Clinical treatment for anxiety can help create a foundation of stability and security while balance and restoration is brought back. Approaching anxiety with a mind, body, and spirit philosophy helps address every possible cause of anxiety, from trauma and behavior to spiritual issues.
Cypress Lakes Lodge provides integrative treatment programs utilizing leading alternative treatment methods and proven therapeutic techniques. If you are struggling with anxiety and are in need of help, call us today at 1-877-938-1577.