Substance use becomes a problem when it disrupts your quality of life and interferes with responsibilities, relationships, and work or school. If this is happening, you will need to take the first step to recovery and get treatment to end the substance use.
Treatment is not one size fits all, but is developed based on your unique needs. The type of treatment you receive will depend on the type of substance, duration of use, and the amount used.
Treatment will help you understand why you turned to drugs or alcohol in the first place. This can reveal underlying mental health conditions that you might not be aware of and coincide with your substance use. Treatment also helps you to reconnect to yourself and others with a clear mind and discover ways to incorporate healthy activities into your daily life.
Substance use disorders and mental health conditions are treatable as a dual diagnosis. Treating both at the same time helps for success in recovery, which is a lifelong process. Here are some of the first steps to recovery:
- Detox. This involves clearing your mind and body of all toxic substances prior to treatment to get the best results for your recovery.
- Treatment options. A professional at the treatment facility will help develop a program around your needs. This way, you will know what to expect when you get there. There are also outpatient services available so you can continue to work or go to school while getting treatment.
- Family involvement. There are programs that include family therapy so family members can begin their healing process with you.
- Group therapy. Group therapy introduces you to other people who suffer with substance use disorders and addiction. This will help you form new sober relationships who you can call on during challenging times.
- Group outings. There are group outings you can get involved with in treatment, which includes kayaking, swimming, fishing, hiking, and other fun and sober activities.
- Life planning. In treatment, setting short and long-term goals will help instill confidence, self-esteem, and purpose.
If substance use is interfering with your life, do not wait to get help. Treatment is available and recovery is possible. Get help now so you can enjoy a fun and new sober lifestyle.
Cypress Lakes Lodge specializes in addiction treatment and is located in a serene, remote, lush-green, oxygen enriched environment. The program encompasses holistic addiction therapy and offers yoga and meditation for the mind, body, and soul. The focus is on physical, mental, and emotional well-being by generating the balance of life-enriching treatment, wellness, and healthy, sober, sustainable relationships. Call us to get started: 409-331-2204