An intensive outpatient program (IOP) treats people who have a substance use disorder and a co-occurring mental health illness. This program is ideal for those who do not require detox or supervision. An IOP is an alternative to residential treatment. Its purpose is to establish psychosocial support and produce relapse management and coping strategies.
An IOP provides a specified number of hours per week of individual, group, and family therapy as well as integrated therapies. An IOP is perfect for a person who is transitioning from residential treatment and needs a part-time intensive schedule to accommodate work, school, and family life.
Clients often participate in the program three to four hours per day, three to five days per week. The objective is to establish a solid base for patients as they switch to less intensive treatment.
Some of the services offered in IOP include:
- Individual counseling. A therapist will meet with you on a weekly basis to work through any underlying problems and to strengthen your emotional coping skills.
- Group counseling. A client can choose from a variety of groups to attend on a daily basis. Some include 12-step groups, health and wellness, and life skill training.
- Family counseling. Family members are encouraged to attend counseling with you to support your recovery progress.
- Nutrition and fitness counseling. There are groups that teach clients how to properly care for their body.
- Career and education planning: These services offer clients the opportunity to set goals and build a fulfilling life in recovery.
- Spiritual counseling: Clients can build self-worth and gratitude while exploring life’s purpose.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction or a substance use disorder, you are not alone. Get help today and start your journey to a substance-free lifestyle. Here at Cypress Lakes Lodge, our intake team will take a full assessment of any mental health conditions via our dual diagnosis program, and our addiction counselors will offer their recommendation for residential, partial hospitalization, or intensive outpatient programs.
Cypress Lakes Lodge specializes in addiction treatment and is located in a serene, remote, lush-green, oxygen enriched environment. The program encompasses holistic addiction therapy and offers yoga and meditation for the mind, body, and soul. The focus is on physical, mental, and emotional well-being by generating the balance of life-enriching treatment, wellness, and healthy, sober, sustainable relationships. Call us to get started: 409-331-2204